Ohlins Steering Damper Kit for Panigale 959 16-18 (SD040)
This Ohlins steering damper Road & Track SD040 for the Ducati Panigale 959 2016-2018 is designed to directly install onto your motorcycle.
Ohlins Steering Dampers (or Stabilizers) are essentially a shock for your motorcycle's handlebar/steering column that's designed to increase confidence during cornering, transitions, braking and hard acceleration. Safety comes into a play on the streets (as it helps eliminate tank slappers), but this piston style steering damper lives on the track and for hard charging riding conditions.
Technical Data for Ohlins SD040 Motorcycle Steering Damper Kit:
Stroke: 68 mm
Mounting position: Original mount
Developed on the race track through thousands of hours of racing, the Ohlins Steering Damper is one of the best (and least complex) systems on the market that gives you bolt-on confidence for your motorcycle. Once you've ridden your bike with a steering damper, you'll be hard pressed to ever ride a motorcycle without one again!
* Oil in the damper is kept under pressure to avoid free play
* Three different systems give you smooth damping in all conditions
* Base damping gives 16 adjustable settings (clicks) for maximum tunability and control
* Ohlins steering damper kits for specific bike models come with all necessary mounting hardware.
* Picture is only a representation. Actual product may vary