Galfer Oversize Wave Floating Tsunami Rotor for 530 EXC 08-09
Invented by Galfer in the early 90’s to solve the problem of water and mud on brake rotor surfaces of trial competition motorcycles. As we developed the design we discovered an added benefit: the brake system was running cooler. This was worth exploring. When we combined our new design with the premium materials we had already developed for our round rotors, the resulting breakthrough began the new generation of brake rotor technology.
* Made of Galfer’s unique High Carbon 420 SS / 8 composite
* Laser cut (not stamped like most others)
* Double disc – parallel grinding to assure perfect parallel flatness
* Patented inner and outer Wave design minimizes heat transfer, equalizes dissipation and evens out pad wear
* Heat-treated to each specific application (to assure warp resistance)
* Each of our designs are CAD-CAM and tested with a stress analysis program, as well as dyno / real life tested prior to being offered on the market.
* KBA and TUV approved
Galfer Wave rotors are protected under US PTO# 6, 386, 340 and US Trademark# 76, 517, 881.
Tsunami Off Road Wave Front Rotor Kit
* 270mm Tsunami rotor
* Kit includes brake pads and relocating bracket
* Designed for track use
* Keeps brake system cooler by allowing air to pass over every point of a brake pad surface
* Best friction surface of any stainless steel rotor
* Full floating Wave blades ensure optimum pad-to-rotor contact for maximum stopping force and feel.
* Extremely predictable and consistent
* Provides outstanding performance even in the most aggressive conditions
* Drastically increase lever feel / modulation and brake torque
New Tsunami Wave rotors are the evolution of our well-known Wave technology. Our blade design is completely slotted from the top to bottom, both diagonally and opposed, for much greater trailing and leading edge performance. Extensive brake dyno testing and “real life” racing tests show that their unique 270mm oversize diameter and Galfer’s 1396 HH Ceramic Composite brake pads (included on the kit) allow for rapid and progressive brake feel with great cooling characteristics. Ideal for racetracks that would boil brake fluid in a matter of laps, Tsunami rotors are designed to deliver extreme brake performance under heavy heat loads. Previously only available for top factory race teams. The kit also includes a relocating bracket per each specific application. Available for Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda and KTM models.
This kit includes everything needed to get a powerful, race team tested brake system designed for easy installation and extreme conditions. Includes a 270mm oversized floating, patented Wave rotor for optimum pad-to-rotor contact, special grooves to provide an active cooling system by allowing air to pass over every point of brake pad surface and also includes upgraded HH sintered brake pads and 6061-T6 aluminum relocating bracket. Every high-quality, Galfer-patented Wave rotor is made from a proprietary mix of virgin high carbon 420 stainless steel, laser cut (never stamped), double disc-parallel ground to assure perfect parallel flatness and heat treated to each specific application. KBA and TUV approved. Full instructions provided along with any technical help needed! Precision made in the Galfer factory in Spain.
For the demanding racer who needs outstanding performance even in the most aggressive conditions! This system runs cooler than our standard OS kit and is used by current top Supercross, motocross and off road teams.