Galfer Oversize Wave Rotor (SKW) for WR450F 03-15
Invented by Galfer in the early 90’s to solve the problem of water and mud on brake rotor surfaces of trial competition motorcycles. As we developed the design we discovered an added benefit: the brake system was running cooler. This was worth exploring. When we combined our new design with the premium materials we had already developed for our round rotors, the resulting breakthrough began the new generation of brake rotor technology.
* Made of Galfer’s unique High Carbon 420 SS / 8 composite
* Laser cut (not stamped like most others)
* Double disc – parallel grinding to assure perfect parallel flatness
* Patented inner and outer Wave design minimizes heat transfer, equalizes dissipation and evens out pad wear
* Heat-treated to each specific application (to assure warp resistance)
* Each of our designs are CAD-CAM and tested with a stress analysis program, as well as dyno / real life tested prior to being offered on the market.
* KBA and TUV approved
Galfer Wave rotors are protected under US PTO# 6, 386, 340 and US Trademark# 76, 517, 881.
Oversize Off Road Wave Front Rotor Kit
* Kit includes brake pads and relocating bracket
* Designed both for track and trail use
* Keeps brake system cooler by allowing air to pass over every point of a brake pad surface
* Best friction surface of any stainless steel rotor
* Full floating Wave blades ensure optimum pad-to-rotor contact for maximum stopping force and feel.
* Extremely predictable and consistent
* Provides outstanding performance even in the most aggressive conditions
* Drastically increase lever feel / modulation and brake torque
Oversize Wave rotors increase the amount of braking surface area, allowing you to gain up to 30% more braking surface per tire rotation than you would on your O.E.M brake system. Extensive brake dyno testing and “real life” racing tests show that our unique 270mm oversize diameter and Galfer’s 1054 carbon semi-metallic brake pads (included on the kit) allow for rapid and progressive brake feel with great cooling characteristics. Ideal for novice to professional track riding as well as regular off road use. The kit also includes a relocating bracket per each specific application. Available for Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda and KTM models.
Race team tested brake system designed for easy application and extreme conditions. Includes a solid mount 270mm oversized patented Wave rotor for optimum pad-to-rotor contact and 6061-T6 aluminum relocating bracket. Every high-quality, Galfer-patented Wave rotor is made from a proprietary mix of virgin high carbon 420 stainless steel, laser cut (never stamped), double disc-parallel ground to assure perfect parallel flatness and heat treated to each specific application. KBA and TUV approved. Full instructions provided along with any technical help needed! Precision made in our Galfer factory in Spain.
Designed for both trail and track, this kit is for the rider that needs more than what the stock brakes can provide. Drastic increase in lever feel, modulation and brake torque.